Established by Executive Order in response to the mandate of the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 (Public Law 105-220), the Board assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
The California Workforce Investment Board (State Board) is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development - business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature.
The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings. Decisions are reached through a collaborative process.
The Board's Strategic Plan directs its work in providing guidance to the statewide workforce investment system.
The California Workforce Investment Board Business Services Resource Catalog Volume II, Issue 2 is now available!
- What's New
- Small Bus. Advocate
The California Workforce Investment Board is committed to ensuring support and assistance to small businesses in California. If you are a small business owner and need assistance with hiring employees, job training, or other matters, please contact our Small Business Liaison.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe to the Newsletter
- CA Community Colleges Econ & Workforce Development
- California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Employment Development Department
- California Department of Industrial Relations
- California Department of Education
- State Personnel Board
- EDD/Labor Market Information Division
- California Employment Training Panel
- Workforce Investment Works
- California Department of Rehabilitation